BY JOANNE BARRY COLON
Did you know that living with gratitude improves physical health, decreases stress, helps to experience less pain and may help to remote control the brain?
As a Certified Personal Trainer and Reiki master, I encourage clients to focus on what they are grateful for rather than what is missing from their lives.
Below are three tools to help you live in gratitude.
• Journaling: Write down five to 10 different things for which you’re grateful every day before bedtime or first thing in the morning.
• Visual Meditation: Spend 15 to 20 minutes every day visualizing what you’re grateful for. The fun thing about visualization is that you can visualize things that you desire, but don’t have yet, and help manifest that thought into reality.
• Chakra Balance Meditation: Spend seven to 15 minutes realigning your chakras and energy to help heal, transform and manifest. When your chakras are out of alignment or blocked (energy stuck), this may create stress that may lead to physical pain or poor physical health, which in return may cause a lack of gratitude.
As you begin to work on aligning each chakra, focus on each chakra color getting brighter while you say the following affirmations associated with that chakra.
Below are the seven chakra names, color and gratitude affirmation.
1. Root: Red/Brown: I am grateful that I am grounded, balanced and focused, which prevents me from falling now.
2. Sacral: Orange: I am grateful that I am creative, which helps me train my brain to improve my memory and find things easily now.
3. Solar Plexus: Yellow: I am grateful for my inner strength and wisdom, which gives me confidence to be independent now.
4. Heart: Green/Pink: I am grateful that I am surrounded by family and friends who love me now.
5. Throat: Light Blue: I am grateful that I am able to speak for myself and my words are heard and understood now.
6. Third Eye: Indigo: I am grateful to have the opportunity to create all my desires now.
7. Crown: Purple/White: I am grateful to be connected to my higher self and higher power now.
I recommend consulting with your physician and working one on one with a Reiki master or holistic coach to help decrease stress and pain and improve your physical well-being. Email your questions to email@example.com.
Redeem this article to receive a 30-minute complimentary Reiki treatment.