BY JOANNE BARRY COLON
Did you know that 68 percent of Americans have trouble sleeping and staying asleep?
As a certified personal trainer and Reiki master, I encourage clients to incorporate natural habits to help get a restful night sleep by applying essential oils and the following:
• Decrease sugar intake.
• Avoid eating up to two hours prior to bedtime.
• Avoid coffee and other caffeine products after 3 p.m.
• Meditate 30 minutes prior to bedtime to help calm the mind and body.
Below are three Essential Oils that I recommend for a restful night sleep:
• Marjoram: Place one to two drops on your pillow and on both feet to help decrease insomnia.
• Balance: Place one to two drops on the wrist, the back of the neck and on the bottom of both feet to help shut off your brain and ground yourself.
• Cedarwood: Place one to two drops on your forehead and wrists to help stimulate the pineal gland, which releases melatonin.
When applying essential oils topically, for sensitive skin use a carrier oil, such as coconut oil. You can enjoy the aroma by using an essential oil diffuser. Set up the diffuser with your essential oil of choice about 15 to 30 minutes prior to bedtime to assure a restful night sleep.
There are many essential oil companies from which to choose. To assure that you are buying the best quality essential oils, I recommend Doterra Essential oils. These oils are 100 percent pure therapeutic grade.
I also recommend consulting with your physician before starting this regimen and for the best result, work one on one with a certified personal trainer, Reiki master and or Essential Oil consultant. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.