Looking to surprise your loved one this Valentine’s Day with something a bit different? Check out these five creative gift ideas that will help make the day special.
1. Take a trip around the world with your taste buds. Cooking dinner for your partner on Valentine’s Day is nothing new, but kick it up a notch with an “Around the World” theme. Pick some destinations to which you’d love to travel and get into the kitchen together to create their signature dishes. For extra points, track down drinks specifically found in those regions to pair with your food. You’ll have fun experiencing new cuisine, and it may even ignite a spark to book a trip.
2. Make more time together. Use some creativity to show your Valentine that you want to spend more time together. Pair a new timepiece with roses for a unique presentation. Consider classic fashion choices with Casio’s Vintage timepieces, which feature stainless steel bands in different metallic color combinations, a daily alarm, hourly time signal and an auto-calendar, ensuring you are never late for a date.
3. Commission a custom family portrait. Whether you have kids, pets or it is just the two of you, a custom family portrait is a sweet gift and a great piece of artwork for your home. Find an independent portrait artist on a site—such as Etsy—or put your own artistic abilities to the test and create the portrait yourself.
4. Create an at-home spa day. Get pampered without leaving the house. Book a travelling masseuse or create DIY bath products—such as bath bombs or scrubs with essential oils. Create a spa-like atmosphere with low lights, candles and flower arrangements. Order dinner in afterwards and enjoy the special time together as relaxed as can be.
5. Write a love song. Whether you write it yourself or pick a favorite that’s personal to you, performing a love song is a touching way to show you cherish someone. Enhance your performance with a portable keyboard that makes learning easy, such as Casio’s CTK-2550. It features 61 full-size keys, 400 high-quality tones and 150 built-in rhythms to ensure you have all the tools you need to create a beautiful musical number for the one you love. Or, connect to your iOS or Android device to use the free Chordana Play app, which uses the keyboard’s display to show you how to play your favorite songs. Just download your favorite MIDI files, connect your device’s headphone output to the keyboard’s audio input, and explore an endless library of music.
–Content courtesy of Statepoint