BY JOANNE BARRY COLON
Did you know that you can decrease pain, illness and disease by balancing your Chakras? The word Chakra means “wheel” in Sanskrit. Chakra energy spins in a clockwise direction as the energy in our body moves.
It is the frequency of our Chakras that defines the direction our energy will flow, either they draw energy into our body or release it outward. When your Chakras are blocked, your energy flows at a low frequency. Over time, this may cause pain, illness and disease.
As a Reiki master and Certified Personal Trainer, I encourage clients to invest in their mind, body and spirit by applying weekly or bi-weekly Chakra Balance Healing. When working with clients, I teach them how to balance their Chakras on their own.
Our Chakras are located at seven points along our body. Each one is associated with a different set of organs and system. Below are the seven points as well as their associated colors and what causes blockages.
• Crown: Located at the top of the head. Purple/White. Blocked by earthly attachments. When balanced, you can easily connect to your higher self and let go of attachments.
• Third Eye: Located above the nose, between both eyebrows. Indigo: Blocked by illusions. When balanced, you’re connected to your psychic abilities, intuition and all your desires while recognizing we’re all connected.
• Throat: Located in the center of the throat. Light Blue: Blocked by lies we tell ourselves and others. When balanced, we speak our truth and allow your voice to be heard.
• Heart: Located at the center of the chest. Green/Pink: Blocked by grief, sadness, anger, judgement and hurt. When balanced, we love unconditionally.
• Solar Plexus: Located in the gut. Yellow: Blocked by blame. When balanced, you connect with your life force, feel safe and secure with yourself and others.
• Sacral: Located below the navel. Orange: Blocked by guilt and shame. When balanced, you easily forgive yourself and others.
• Root: Located below the tailbone. Brown/Red: Blocked by fear. When balanced, you feel connected to the earth, grounded, balanced, focus and able to make good decisions.
Chakras can only be seen through our consciousness, and they interact with the physical and energetic body. Below are three ways to visualize your chakras:
• Guide Visual Chakra Meditation
• Reiki Crystal Healing
• Chakra Balance Healing
I recommend consulting with your physician and for best results work one on one with a Reiki master or holistic healer.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Redeem this article for a complimentary pass for Tuesday night Chakra Balance Meditation With Reiki group, which meets at 8 pm.